So we come to the last weeks of term and need to use up a little bit of this and bit of that growing in the garden. This recipe is perfect to do just that!
Fresh from the garden: eggplant, squash, capsicum, eggs, rocket, parsley
Recipe source: Melissa
Makes: 30 individual frittate
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Pour a little olive oil into one cupcake hole in each tin and using the pastry brush, spread it into 30 of the holes.
- Peel the sweet potato, and then chop flesh evenly into 1cm cubes. Wash the others veggies and chop into thin slices or small cubes.
- Wash the rocket leaves in several changes of water and spin dry. Chop the stalks and leaves into very thin ribbons.
- Wash the herbs and pat dry with paper towel. Strip the leaves from the stalks & chop finely.
- Heat the frying pan with the oil and toss in the sweet potato, leek and veggies. Season well with salt and pepper. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 4 minutes over medium heat until the cubes are just tender and lightly golden at the sides. Add in the rest of the veggies and cook for another few minutes, then add the rocket and cook until wilted.
- Meanwhile, cut the feta into small cubes and grate the parmesan.
- Then add the cubed feta and gently stir to mix in.
- In the large bowl, lightly beat the eggs with the herbs, parmesan, a pinch of salt and a grind of pepper.
- Divide the veggie and feta mixture evenly into the cupcake holes, spoon the eggy herb mixture over and bake in 180C oven for about 20 minutes.
- Carefully prise out with a plastic knife if sticking, then divide onto serving plates.
Notes: Why do we need to preheat the oven? What is feta cheese? What does to prise mean?