The SAKGP Philosophy: Growing, Harvesting, Preparing and Sharing
Our chemical-free food philosophy aided by WHOLEFOODS HOUSE, Woollahra
Life lessons at Bondi
- SUSTAINABILITY: Helping our planet to continue supporting human life: Composting – Chooks – Reusing – Recycling… Then rubbish!
- Knife skills and Licences in Year 3
A snapshot of a lesson:
- The whiteboard & the harvest table
- Allergies & diet restrictions
- Loos & washing hands!
- Basic verbal tour
- Where to go in an emergency
- Hot water/ bandaids/ washing up liquid
- Volunteers’ help: in classes, working bees, washing aprons, mopping!
What is expected:
- Clean hands! Sleeves up!
- Noise levels: inside voices
- Walking around the kitchen!
- Enthusiasm & helping to create our food
- Sharing jobs & taking turns
- Cleaning up, setting & clearing, stacking dishwashers
What we’re doing today!
- Mushroom and garden herb pizza!
- Each group split into 2: one for rolling out dough & making new dough, one for preparing herbs, toppings and cheeses
- Scales v. jugs
- Cleaning tables and washing up, re-setting, dishwasher, sweeping!